This week my mom came to visit, and I wanted to cook her a nice meal. We were planning on going for a run the next morning so I wanted to choose something light, something that wouldn’t slow us down. I decided to make her a delicious salmon dish. I found the recipe online here. It was quick, yummy, and filling.

Ingredients

3 red peppers, sliced into strips

2/3 c. olive oil,

1 tablespoon salt

Freshly ground black pepper

1/3 c. lime juice

2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, plus more for serving

2 tsp. honey

1 Garlic clove, minced

4salmon filets

4 c. cooked brown rice

1 avocado, thinly sliced

Lime wedges, for serving

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degreed Fahrenheit. Place thinly sliced bell peppers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.

Cook rice while peppers are baking.

To make the marinade, combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey, and garlic and whisk. Place the salmon in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour half the marinade over the salmon. Toss until it is fully coated. Set aside the remaining marinade.

Remove the peppers from the oven and place the salmon on top of the peppers. Bake until the peppers are tender, and the salmon is fully cooked. This will take about 15 to 20 more minutes.

Serve in a bowl with peppers, avocado, salmon, and rice all mixed together. Garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge. Add the remaining marinade.

This meal was so delicious and easier than you would think. The salmon was also pretty inexpensive, which is nice for a struggling student. Try this one at home and ENJOY!