This week I made a classic, tasty salad! This is a quick and easy meal that is both healthy, and nutritious. It literally took me about 15 minutes to make!

You will need: 2 chicken breasts, 1 head of romaine lettuce, 2 bell peppers (I chose 1 yellow and 1 red), half a cucumber, 1 avocado, 2 carrots, 1/4 of a red onion, feta cheese, and your favourite salad dressing (I like Newman’s Own Light Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing)!

Start by cutting the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized pieces. Cook the chicken on medium heat. Add the red onion for some more flavour. One of my favourite tricks is putting a small amount of salad dressing in the pan. It adds so much flavour to the chicken. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked through, and the red onion has become more translucent. While the chicken is cooking, chop up all of the lettuce and veggies and add them to a bowl. Once the chicken and red onion is done, add it to the salad bowl and toss it with your favourite dressing! Sprinkle a bit of feta cheese, as much or as little as you’d like and enjoy!

This is a really simple meal but it’s great for a quick, healthy dinner. Happy cooking!

Amy 🙂